CCIL is an all-volunteer organization and we need some new volunteers!
BENEFITS - All CCIL volunteer positions are eligible for the following CCIL benefits:
1 - Rewarding service to your Chester County neighbors as part of an established 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit organization
2 - Free CCIL Apps service including email, online word processing and spreadsheets, website hosting, and other tools.
3 - Eligible to obtain and evaluate CCIL-Fast, a low-cost broadband internet access service, before it is offered to the general CCIL membership.
POSITIONS - All of these volunteer positions are either continuing, light-duty, work from home or are specific limited-scope tasks. All volunteer positions require free CCIL membership and involve email and/or telephone coordination with other CCIL members or officers. Some involve once-a-month travel to West Chester, PA for meetings. Currently, our needed volunteer positions and roles include:
Webmaster - CCIL Website - Continuing light duty, work from home, occasional trips into West Chester for coordination with CCIL Officers
• familiarity with website design and implementation using WYSIWYG tools,
• familiarity with Google Apps “Sites” tool,
• a preliminary CCIL website exists - using the Google Apps “Sites” tool.
• this role will involve:
• becoming familiar with the design and content of the preliminary CCIL website
• performing routine updates and maintenance to the website
• presenting and recommending improvements for the website to the CCIL Board
• accepting direction from CCIL Board for changes and enhancements to the website
Recording Secretary - Continuing light duty, work from home, coordinate with CCIL Board, one trip monthly into West Chester for Board meetings.
• familiarity with word processing such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs
• attend CCIL Board meetings, take notes of significant actions for meeting minutes
• publish and distribute draft and final minutes of board meetings
• coordinate with Chester County Hospital schedulers for location of Board meetings
• publish and distribute agenda, with meeting location, for upcoming meetings
• maintain a hardcopy archive of important CCIL documents
Help Desk Support - Continuing light duty, work from home, coordinate with other CCIL help desk personnel
• familiarity with Gmail and Google/Gmail accounts
• comfortable and patient with working with people without some computer skills
• review email and telephone requests for help desk support from CCIL members
• if within areas of knowledge, respond by phone or email to member for problem resolution.
• if not within areas of knowledge, coordinate with other help desk personnel to get answer or to identify another person to respond.
Public Relations - Continuing light duty, work from home, coordinate with CCIL Board, one trip monthly into West Chester for Board meetings.
• experience in writing press releases and other public information media
• contacts in local media outlets
• suggest specific public relations projects to the CCIL Board
• direct and execute specific projects with help from other volunteers
Consultant - Business Planning - specific task, work from home, coordinate with CCIL Board, one trip monthly into West Chester for Board meetings.
• bring non-profit and business planning skills and experience to CCIL
• CCIL has an opportunity to provide a low-cost broadband internet access service
• technical approach has been developed and is currently being evaluated
• analyze opportunity and develop business plan to initiate and operate the service
• business plan to include mission, objectives, strategies, tasks, roles, financial viability
• opportunity to continue project participation
Director - Member of Board of Directors - Continuing light duty, work from home, one trip monthly into West Chester for Board meetings.
• bring non-profit and business experience to CCIL
• experience and familiarity with CCIL is appreciated but not necessary
• participate in strategic planning and month-to-month decisions for CCIL
• expected to perform in some volunteer role in addition to Director role.
• a tax-deductible financial contribution to CCIL is expected
I’M INTERESTED - What do I do next?.
Please respond by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org telling us which positions are of interest, summarizing skills and background, and asking any relevant questions.
Home Page & News >