As a user of CCIL's Google Apps for Non-Profits, you may define a named "Group" of email addresses so that a single message to <groupname>@ccil.org will be sent to all of the members of the Group.
Each Mailing List Group will have:
- An "owner", an individual responsible for defining the list of Group members;
- A set of "members", each with their own email address;
- A single unique <groupname>@ccil.org email address to reference the Group;
- A set of email addresses, one for each member of the Group;
- A short name for convenience.
To establish a Mailing List Group:
- The owner should send an email FROM his ccil.org email address TO email@example.com;
- The message should state:
- The desired short name for the Group;
- A list of the email addresses of the members of the Group;
A volunteer Mailing List Administrator will respond by email to the owner specifying:
- Confirming the short name of the Group -OR-
- Suggesting an alternate short name if the desired name is unavailable;
- Specifying the unique <groupname>@ccil.org email address for the Group.
From that point, the mailing List Group will be active; any email message sent to the unique <groupname>@ccil.org address will be sent to all of the members.
To change the owner or the members of the Mailing List Group, or to delete the Group:
- The owner should send an email message FROM his ccil.org email address TO firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The email message should state the nature of the desired changes.
A volunteer Mailing List Administrator will respond by email to the owner:
- Confirming that the changes have been made -OR-
- Discussing what further information is required.
Home Page & News >